- Who Am I? What is My Name? Part VI – Our Search for Gertrude Spiro
- DNA Pilot Study on Missing Identity Holocaust Children – 2013 IAJGS Conference
- Who Am I? What is My Name? Part V – Gertrude and Sonia’s Escape
- Los Angeles Times Article “DNA Sequencer could give doctors wealth of genetic information”.
- Who Am I? What is My Name? Part IV – Wolfgang and Adele’s Eyewitness Account
Tag Archives: Nowiniarska St
Gertrude Spiro must have been well-connected. She was the proprietor of a liquor and cigarette shop at 2 Nowiniarksa St. in Warsaw in 1941-1942. The shop undoubtedly generated a lot of income for whoever owned it; liquor and cigarettes are two of the most … Continue reading
Gertrude and Sonia Preiss-Spiro’s names are listed on the transport to Auschwitz of 141 women from Pawiak prison in Warsaw on 24 August 1943. Pawiak prison was originally used by the Polish judicial to incarcerate criminals, but after the Nazi … Continue reading