July 2010 Consultant, Elmer Crawford Murder Case, Melbourne, Victoria Police Department
– Assisted Melbourne law enforcement in locating a mitochondrial DNA reference in Ireland and Australia for fugitive killer Elmer Crawford who murdered his wife and three children in 1970 in Australia, to establish whether or not a look-alike drifter in Texas was Crawford. (He was not.) See Identifinders Blog entries August 29- September 1, 2010, DNA Rule-Out for Cold Case Australia, Parts I & II.
Feb 2010 Consultant, Grim Sleeper Serial Murder Case, Los Angeles Police Department
– Assisted the LAPD with the identification of the Grim Sleeper Serial Murderer through comparing his DNA profile with genetic genealogy database. Was able to confirm killer was African American along the male line of his family.
Feb 2009 Consultant, Benjaman Kyle Amnesia Victim Identification
– Directing and organizing efforts, with the help of Benjaman’s advocate, with the identification of amnesia victim found in Savannah, GA in 2002. See story on Identifinders website at Benjaman Kyle, the Man without An Identity.
Sep 2008 Consultant, Herman Rosenblat Holocaust Fraud Exposure
– Strategist and researcher for team that exposed Herman Rosenblat’s soon-to-be- published and Oprah-touted best-selling “apple over the fence” Holocaust memoire as a fraud. Publication was subsequently canceled. See story on Identifinders website Identifinders Strikes Again! Forensic Genealogists Unmask Another Holocaust Fraud.
Mar 2008 Chair and Organizer, Forensic Science Workshop and Panel Discussion, Defense and Security Symposium, SPIE Optical Society, Orlando, FL.
Feb 2008 Consultant, Misha Defonseca Holocaust Fraud Exposure
– Strategist and researcher for team that exposed Misha Defonseca’s best-selling Holocaust memoir Surviving with Wolves as a fraud. Read story on Identifinders website at Misha Defonseca Cries Wolf, Holocaust Fraud Exposed.
2008-2009 Consultant, Amelia Earhart Project
– Only person to successfully locate a family reference for Fred Noonan, Amelia Earhart’s navigator for DNA testing the remains found on Gardener Island in the Pacific.
2007-2008 Consultant, U.S. Armed Force DNA Identification Laboratory, Rockville, MD
– Identification of the Unknown Child on the Titanic – See Identifinders blog entries Unknown Child on the Titanic August 14-21, 2010.
– The Hand in the Snow (Northwest Flight 4422) Project – Identification of the remains of a merchant mariner killed in the crash of Northwest Airlines Flight #4422, Alaska, March 18, 1948. Read more on Identifinders website at The Hand in the Snow.
Mar 2007 Chair and Organizer, Forensic Science Workshop and Panel Discussion, Defense and Security Symposium, SPIE Optical Society, Orlando, FL.
2006-2008 Consultant, Hebron Investments, Scottsdale, AZ
– Locating owners of unclaimed property based on a name and a last known address sometimes over 20 years old. Specializing in international locations including Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Venezuela, Argentina, Panama, Guatemala, the US, Canada, the Netherland Antilles, Estonia, Lebanon, Morocco, France, Italy, and England.
2006-2007 Consultant, Becker Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
– Edited and reworked proposal to Discovery Channel for a series on forensic genealogy. Episodes involved the genealogies of famous people of various ethnic backgrounds.