The best part of our projects is the good friendships we form with the people whose lives we touch. On our recent trip to Ireland, Andy and I visited with Maurice Conway and his family in Co. Limerick. Maurice provided the DNA match that confirmed that the remains found in the wreck of Northwest Flight 4422 were those of his distant cousin Francis Joseph van Zandt. During our time together, Maurice took us to the old Conway farm where Frank’s mother Margaret Conway was born and grew up. We walked the road she walked with her sisters and brothers as they started from home for America. And of course we paid our respects at the Conway family tombstone that played such an important part in solving the mystery of the identity of the Hand in the Snow.
- Who Am I? What Is My Name? Part XI – Berlin, Warsaw, and the German Soldier
- For Immediate Release – Grant from the Elie Wiesel Jewish Studies Center, Boston University
- Who Am I – What Is My Name – Part X – Gertrude’s Marriage and Divorce
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
- ISHI 27 – David O’Shea and the Grandmothers of the Plaza