The best part of our projects is the good friendships we form with the people whose lives we touch. On our recent trip to Ireland, Andy and I visited with Maurice Conway and his family in Co. Limerick. Maurice provided the DNA match that confirmed that the remains found in the wreck of Northwest Flight 4422 were those of his distant cousin Francis Joseph van Zandt. During our time together, Maurice took us to the old Conway farm where Frank’s mother Margaret Conway was born and grew up. We walked the road she walked with her sisters and brothers as they started from home for America. And of course we paid our respects at the Conway family tombstone that played such an important part in solving the mystery of the identity of the Hand in the Snow.
- Los Angeles Times Article “DNA Sequencer could give doctors wealth of genetic information”.
- Who Am I? What is My Name? Part IV – Wolfgang and Adele’s Eyewitness Account
- Who Am I, What is My Name? Part III – Gertrude and Sonia Spyra
- Who Am I? What is My Name? Part II – Pnina, Wolfgang, and the Warsaw Ghetto
- Who Am I, What Is My Name? Part I – Pnina, Otwoc, and the Kazcmareks